Building Division Documents, Forms & Resources
THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT IS ACCEPTING ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS FOR BUILDING PERMITS AND DEVELOPMENT APPLICATIONS
In response to COVID-19, City Hall and other City facilities are temporarily closed to public access, but the City is still open for business and we are accepting and processing permit applications. The City will issue building permits for most types of construction; however, in compliance with the County’s Executive Order building permits will not be issued for the following:
- Elective construction on occupied residences unless such construction is for the repair of critical health/safety items such as roofing, heating, water heaters or other items necessary to maintain adequate health and sanitation.
- Elective construction for non-essential businesses unless such construction is for the repair of critical health/safety items such as roofing, heating, water heaters or other items necessary to maintain adequate health and sanitation. The County’s current list of non-essential businesses required to close their physical locations can be found here: https://www.emergencyslo.org/en/businesses-to-close-physical-locations.aspx
Building Permit Applications and Development Permit Applications and related documents can be submitted electronically in PDF format to email@example.com. If document(s) are too large to email as an attachment, please send us an email link to the documents.
Please mail checks or money orders, made payable to the City of Grover Beach, to: City of Grover Beach, Community Development Department, 154 South 8th Street, Grover Beach, CA 93433, or place in the "Utility Payment Drop Box" at 154 South 8th Street, Grover Beach, CA 93433.
If you have any questions, including the amount due at the time of permit submittal, please call us at (805)473-4520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also continue to offer building permit inspections while observing the social distancing guidelines suggested by the CDC including maintaining a distance of at least six feet from other individuals. Please continue to make building permit inspections requests by calling (805)473-4527.
- Building Permit Process Flowchart (PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Construction Waste Management Plan (PDF)
- Owner Builder Information (PDF)
- Owner Builder Informational Brochure (PDF)
- Sub-Contractor’s List (PDF)
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms Affidavit (PDF)
- Water Conserving Plumbing Fixtures Affidavit (PDF)
- Notice to Applicants for Commercial Building Permits (English) (PDF)
- Notice to Applicants for Commercial Building Permits (Spanish) (PDF)
- Demolition Packet (PDF)
- Curb, Gutter, and Sidewalk Checklist (PDF)
- General Building Permit Checklist (PDF)
- Grading and Drainage Checklist (PDF)
- Solar Photovoltaic Permit Checklist (PDF)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permit Checklist (PDF)
Commercial Cannabis Fire & Safety Requirements
California Building Code (California Building Standards Commission)
Ordinances adopting the California Building Code and Local Amendments:
- 2019 (effective January 1, 2020)
- 2016 (effective January 1, 2017)
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center